Kids Adventure 1K Presented by Capital One
Friday, April 24, 2020 at 5:30 p.m.
Start: East St. Germain Bridge, Just North of River's Edge Convention Center
The Kids Adventure 1K invites children 12 and younger to run, walk or wheel their way to the finish line. This is an inclusive event and is accessible to children of all abilities. Registration is only $10 and includes an awesome t-shirt and a commemorative 20th anniversary medal. Limited to the first 1,000 adventurers!
To ensure your little adventurer can get the most out of the Adventure 1K:
- Come early and explore the Discover Your Adventure Kids Expo!
- Register with a buddy
- Invite family members to cheer for the participants
- Come dressed as an ADVENTURER!
- Wear running shoes and comfortable, weather-appropriate clothes
This year’s 20th Anniversary Earth Day Run offers so many new adventures and we hope to see you and your family at the River’s Edge Convention Center in downtown St. Cloud on Friday, April 19th.
- Download Kids Adventure 1K Flyer (PDF)
- Download Kids Health & Fitness Expo Coloring Sheet (PDF)
- Download Kids Adventure 1K Coloring Sheet (PDF)
The 1K will begin at 5:30 p.m. sharp with seven heats 15-30 seconds apart. Locate your age group and mascot prior to the start of the race:
- Heat #1: Ages 9-12 – Eagle – St. Cloud Apollo High School
- Heat #2: Age 8 – Blizzard – St. Cloud State Husky
- Heat #3: Age 7 – Chisel – St. Cloud Rox Baseball
- Heat #4: Age 6 – Cooper – Pilgrim’s Pride chicken
- Heat #5: Age 5 – MooBell – Coborn’s cow
- Heat #6: Ages 4 and under – Ronnie Renovator & Pink Panther from St. Cloud Area Family YMCA
- Heat #7: Wheelchair – Tigger – St. Cloud Tech High School
Please remember: Parents, please stay outside the staging and finish line area. Parents are allowed to run with young children, but space is limited. No strollers allowed on the 1K course. If your child misplaces you, we have an area for lost children. Volunteers will direct all youth to this area.
To celebrate the “Discover Your Adventure” theme, have the kids dress as an adventurer for the run.