Update! The date to submit virtual race times closed on May 20. Thank you to all who took part in this event! Results information to be posted shortly!
Virtual Run Highlights
- Those who sign up for the virtual run will run the race distance on their own for the Half Marathon, 10K and 5K races. Half Marathon Relay participants can run in the 10K virtual run as individuals.
- Those who are already registered for September’s Earth Day Run are already registered in the virtual run. Check if you are registered.
- The 5K virtual run is $25 and the Half Marathon/10K virtual run is $32.
- Virtual runners can receive their swag at the Earth Day Packet Pickup on Sept. 4. Those who choose to receive their race swag via mail can choose that option for an additional $5.
WHAT IS A VIRTUAL RUN?
In a virtual run, you will run your race distance on your own, or with a friend (making sure to follow social distancing guidelines). Your run does not have to follow the Earth Day Run race routes, and it can be run anywhere in the world.
You will need to track your distance and time using a GPS. GPS watches are great options for this, as are phone apps such as MapMyRun, Garmin, Runkeeper, etc.
When finished with your run, take a screenshot/photo of your time and race route and submit them to us. Pickle Events Timing will compile the results. And, don’t forget to take a great selfie to include on a Facebook post. You’ll definitely want to connect with our Facebook page as we have tons of prizes for social media users during this run.
WHEN IS THE RUN?
The time frame for completing the run is from April 24 – May 20. You can submit your race result as of 11 a.m. on Friday, April 24. Your last chance to submit your result is Wednesday, May 20 at 11:59 p.m.
DO I NEED TO REGISTER?
- If you are currently registered for our Earth Day Run events on Sept. 4-5, you do not need to register for the virtual run! Within the next week, we will send you (and all other registered runners) a link for submitting your virtual run race result. The virtual run will be free to you, made possible by our incredible sponsors! 5K teams will have the option to run individually. Half Marathon Relay participants can run in the 10K virtual run as individuals.
- If you are unable to run with us in September, but want to run virtually (and earn some AWESOME swag), you can find prices and registration on our web site. Register now!
- If you have not yet signed up for the Earth Day Run, but have decided you’d like to do both the Earth Day Run and the virtual run, we have a deal for you! Register for our September event, and your virtual run registration will be free. If you need to think more about #2 or #3 above, registration for the virtual run will remain open through May 17, giving you some time to weigh your options!
WHAT ABOUT SWAG?
- Virtual runners will receive their swag at the Earth Day Packet Pickup, presented by Central McGowan, on Friday, Sept. 4.
- Those who choose to receive their race swag via mail can choose that option for an additional $5.
- 5K registrants will receive a wicking longsleeve shirt and medal. 10K and half marathoners will receive a custom racer hoodie and medal. See images below!
HOW TO SUBMIT?
Next week you will receive an email from “email@example.com” with a personalized link to submit your run result. Please make sure “firstname.lastname@example.org” will not get caught in your spam filter. The link will look like:
The results are checked for realism based on age-graded results. We suggest you track your run using an app like Strava or Garmin in case we run into any issues or need to verify your run.
WHAT ABOUT RESULTS AND PRIZES?
PRESENTED BY GRANITE EQUITY PARTNERS
After May 21, you can find overall results and age group results, as well as a Finisher’s Certificate, on our website. We will also send you a link. Until then, you will only be able to see your individual time and the leaderboard.
The virtual run will have no age group awards. Instead, we will be giving out thousands of dollars in prizes to our participants, thanks to Zulu Audio and our other sponsors.
We will be giving away piles of Zulu Audio Wearable Bluetooth Speakers ($50 value), shirts, swag and more for those who tag and have fun with this run on our Facebook page! If you haven’t liked us on Facebook, now is the time!