Race WeekendApril 15&16, 2022
The Mahowald Cheer Zones are part of the CentraCare Earth Day Run weekend
The Mahowald Cheer Zones will highlight 5 energizing locations on Saturday morning during the CentraCare Earth Day Half Marathon. To host an official Cheer Zone your group must apply and be chosen. All applications will be reviewed, and the Earth Day Run committee will select 5 groups to participate in this year’s cheer zone areas. Groups must be a charitable organization (sports team, non-profit, etc.), raising money and support for their cause as part of this cheer zone. Selected groups will automatically receive a $500 stipend towards their organization. After the race, runners will be asked to vote for the most motivating Cheer Zone, and the wining group will receive an additional $1000.
- Apply by using this form CHEER ZONE APPLICATION.
- Submit application to email@example.com
- Groups will be designated to a cheer zone area which they will be allowed to set up next to the half marathon course and make it as festive and fun as possible.
- Groups must be in place before the first runners arrive (approximately 9:000am and can break down their cheer zone when cleared by the Earth Day Run volunteers at around 11:30am.
- Groups must have a minimum of 10 participants (we encourage 20+!)
- There is no power on the course, but music, instruments, flare, and high fives are all encouraged. You are permitted to bring your own power source/ generator and reasonably sized sound system for music.
- Clearly represent your organization for ease of voting (signage, costumes, etc.)