Weekend Road Closures
The CentraCare Earth Day Run takes place September 4 and 5, 2020. All races over the weekend will both start and finish in downtown St. Cloud. Several downtown streets will be closed to traffic for this event, including the E. St. Germain Bridge (Veterans Bridge, just north of the River’s Edge Convention Center). Please be aware of these closures that may affect your travel:
Capital One 1K – 5:30 p.m. This youth run takes place on the East St. Germain Bridge. The bridge will be two-lane traffic from 4 to 5:20 p.m. During the kids run, the bridge will shut down from 5:20-5:50 p.m.
St. Cloud Subaru 5K – 6:30 p.m. The run starts on the East St. Germain Bridge. The bridge will be two-lane traffic from 5:50-8:30 p.m. Runners will cross the bridge to the east side of St. Cloud. They will then turn right onto Riverside Drive S.E., which will be closed to traffic during the run. The run finishes on 5th Avenue at the River’s Edge Convention Center. Downtown 5th Avenue, from 1st Street to Division, will be closed from 4-9 p.m. and open to only foot traffic. West St. Germain Street will be closed from 6th Avenue to 4th Avenue.
- Earth Day Half Marathon/Half Marathon Relay – 8:30 a.m. The race starts on the East St. Germain Bridge. The bridge will be closed from 7:45 a.m. until about 8:45 a.m.
- Expect congestion from 8:45-9:25 a.m. on the east side of University Drive and Killian Boulevard (by Riverside Park).
- The route near the St. Cloud Country Club golf course will be difficult to travel, but you will be able to enter and exit via 33rd Street South from Clearwater Road.
- Expect traffic congestion along most of the route. The course will be cleared by 11:45 a.m.
- Downtown 5th Avenue and all of West St. Germain Street will be closed and open to only foot traffic for much of Saturday morning.
The City of St. Cloud and the St. Cloud Police Department worked on course routes to minimize disturbances and ensure community safety and the safety of event participants. In case of emergency, proper vehicles will make it into all locations.